Our Top Ten Moments of 2018
As we reflect on last year, we can’t help but also count how amazing 2018 has been at HOLLY Eyewear. So much has happened, so many new friends and new opportunities. What a year it was!
We were sitting together this week, sipping our coffees and reminiscing about all of our experiences over the past 12 months and thought we’d share our Top Ten Favourite Moments with you. After all, without you, none of our accomplishments would happen!
10. Our Glass Anniversary! We celebrated our third anniversary this past September. Did you know that a third anniversary is commemorated with the gift of glass? We were thrilled to find out that little gem - so fitting, right?
9. We 💛 New York! We made our third annual pilgrimage to the most exciting tradeshow of eyewear industry - Vision Expo East and The LOFT in New York City - two of the longest running and largest independent eyewear shows in the Americas. We always go straight to them to find the most unique and interesting frames in the world. This year we came back with a richer and deeper selection from our favourite brands - just for you!
8. Celeb Sightings! We had the honour of fitting frames for some of our favourite celebs from Meghan Markle to Roxy RHOT - and even a few we’ve got to keep on the DL!
7. The Shoebox Project x HOLLY-Day Party. We hosted our much-anticipated HOLLY-Day Party in support of the Shoebox Project. Our favourite clients, sales reps, and staff came together not just for one another but to provide an incredible 21 boxes to the Shoebox Project for local women affected by homelessness this holiday season.
6. Collabs! We proudly partnered with one of our favourite people, Jessica Mulroney, the new face of Transitions Lenses™ to help them introduce the new Transitions Signature collection of five new fashion colours to the world by pairing their gorgeous, on-trend lenses with some of the most chic frames in our collection.
5. HOLLY-wood Influence! Holly was tapped to collaborate with the costume and character departments for a number of soon-to-be-released films! The projects are hush-hush right now, but make sure to head to theatres next September, to guess where Holly’s expertise on set became a character’s final touch!
4. Ciao Italia! HOLLY Eyewear was selected by Mostra Internazionale Di Ottica, Optometria, Oftamologia (aka MIDO) as a special delegate to attend the 6th edition of the Italian Eyewear Workshop in Miami. The most up and coming Italian eyewear artisans display here, giving us a rare opportunity to source directly from some of the most passionate and creative designers in the industry.
3. Our Team is Growing! To serve you better, we’ve hired our first team member at Holly Eyewear! We can’t believe we ever lived without Alex! Learn more about our team including: Amanda, our Brow & Lash Specialist, and Tamara, our Content/Marketing Strategist & Wordsmith, in upcoming posts!
2. Exclusive Andy Wolf Trunk Show We hosted our first exclusive designer trunk show, bringing one of the most sought-after designers showcase directly to you, our valued clients. You loved it so much, we’re looking forward to bringing you more events in future!
1. We Inked Exclusive Deals...We’ve been working on this for months! We are so thrilled to become the exclusive retailer for some of the hottest and most coveted brands - requested by you coming in 2019! We’ve got to hang onto this little nugget for just a little while longer before we can let the cat out of the bag - so stay tuned for the big announcement about which sought-after brands we’ll be bringing to you in early 2019!
Sometimes it’s only by looking back that you can really see how far you’ve come. We’re proud of all that we’ve been able to achieve this year and we can’t wait to bring you more in the coming months.
For now, we raise our glasses (we couldn’t resist) to you and wish you love, peace, joy, and success in 2019.
Happy New Year!